I've Sound Forum

Everything about I've Sound and our beloved I've Girls: IKU, RINA, Larval Stage Planning, YUZUNO, KOTOKO, Mami Kawada, Eiko Shimamiya, MELL and more.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  EventsEvents  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Sprite is going on hiatus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mk03
I've Sound Partner
I've Sound Partner

PostSubject: Sprite is going on hiatus   Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:27 am

This is technically not I've Sound related but VN related, but I'm posting this here as the company in question has had close links to I've Sound since their beginning, I'm posting this here (this post is rephased from a comment I made on another forum).

Japanese VN developer Sprite, which is best known for producing Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate and Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm, has announced it will be pausing its activities indefinitely (with a return date yet to be decided). From what I can understand, they blame a declining market and lack of funds for the decision. As a result of Sprite’s hiatus, its two games that are currently in production, AoKana EXTRA 2 and AoKana Zwei, have also suspended production. 

Personally, I’m very saddened by this news. I have a sentimental attachment to Sprite, as Mami had performed theme songs for both KoiChoco and AoKana. I had also watched the anime adaptations of both VNs, and have played a bit of the AoKana VN. I wish their staff luck, but in any case, this is tragic news for the VN industry in Japan.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mami Kawada is Love, Mami Kawada is Life

Konomi Suzuki a cute. A CUTE.

The old guard and the new guard together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ERIK
I've Sound Arranger
I've Sound Arranger

PostSubject: Re: Sprite is going on hiatus   Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:38 am

Moved to the Game/VN discussion. :)

Those are sad news. I have always wondered what happened with the relation between I've Sound x VN/eroge companies, since they are barely making music for games. But now, I start wondering if their partners broke as this one... =/

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Still we stand here... 「ALIVE
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ivesoundforum.com

Sprite is going on hiatus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
I've Sound Forum :: J-Universe :: General Game Discussion-
Jump to: